LoginNew at BAS Trucks? Create an account
Delivery toNetherlands?We deliver in1 Day!
Are you interested in one of these parts?
Contact us 0413 371 788
- Cooling system
- Cooling pump
- Cooling Unit
- Thermostat and accessories
- Visco fan
- Door panel
- Heat and cooling
- Steering wheel
- Electronics interior
- Kitchen appliances
- Radio and multimedia
- Stationary cooler
- Parking heater
Home > Stock > chassis and suspension > Differential > Main driveshaft
Truck drive shaft
The drive shaft of a truck is an essential component of the drivetrain that transfers the power from the engine to the wheels. There are different types of drive shafts used in trucks, each with their own unique characteristics. BAS Parts stocks both new and used drive shafts for various brands such as Volvo, Renault, DAF, Mercedes, IVECO, MAN, and Scania.Read more
Parts is added to favorites
Types of Truck Drive Shafts
Some common types of truck drive shafts include:
- Solid Drive Shaft: This type of drive shaft consists of a single solid tube that directly transfers the engine power to the wheels. It is often used in heavy-duty trucks and offers high strength and durability.
- Intermediate Drive Shaft: In trucks with multiple axles, an intermediate drive shaft is often used to transmit the driving force to the adjacent axles. This helps distribute the load and improves the performance and stability of the vehicle.
- Cardan Shaft: A cardan shaft, also known as a universal joint shaft, is used to transfer the driving force between non-aligned shafts. It utilizes universal joints to compensate for angular displacement and is commonly used in trucks with a long chassis.
How to Identify a Faulty Truck Drive Shaft?Timely identification of a faulty drive shaft is crucial to prevent further damage to the vehicle and ensure road safety. Some signs of a possible faulty drive shaft include:
- Vibrations: If you feel vibrations while driving, especially at high speeds, it may indicate a problem with your truck's drive shaft. Vibrations can occur due to imbalance or bending in the drive shaft.
- Clunking or Ticking: Hearing clunking noises or ticking sounds during acceleration or deceleration can indicate a faulty drive shaft. This can be caused by worn universal joints or loose components.
- Oil Leakage: If you notice oil or grease leakage around your truck's drive shaft, it may indicate damaged seals or bearings. This can lead to reduced lubrication and premature wear of the drive shaft.
- Unusual Noises: Hearing abnormal sounds such as grinding, squeaking, or whining noises while driving can indicate problems with the drive shaft. These sounds can be caused by worn or damaged components. If you notice any of these symptoms, it is advisable to consult a professional mechanic immediately for a thorough inspection of the drive shaft.
New and Used Truck Drive ShaftsIf you are looking for a new or used drive shaft for your truck, you have various brands to choose from, such as Volvo, Renault, DAF, Mercedes, IVECO, MAN, and Scania. These reputable brands offer high-quality truck drive shafts that meet industry standards and incorporate the latest technologies to optimize performance and efficiency.
Buy Your Truck Drive Shaft Online at BAS PartsIf you are searching for a reliable online store where you can buy drive shafts for your truck, BAS Parts is the right choice. We offer a wide range of products for trucks from different brands. We provide affordable prices and high-quality products, ensuring that you always make the best choice for your truck. Contact us today and discover what we can do for you.
We like to inform you about our stock and special offers!
About BAS Parts
8.6 / 10 - 262 reviews
© Copyright BAS Parts | Mac Arthurweg 2c, 5466 AP, Veghel, The Netherlands | Tel. 0413 371 788